Monday 16 April 2007

Alan Johnston


There is so much hatred and violence in the world today. So much nonsense and stupidity and pointless issues. Although I never met the man, I'm quite distraught about what has happened to Alan Johnston, the BBC reporter. Current reports say that a group has claimed to have killed him, although this hasn't been confirmed yet. What do people hope to achieve by doing things like this? It certainly isn't going to further their cause at all. If anything, it will detract from it. Alan Johnston was a champion of Palestine, he informed the west of conditions over there. We in the west would never know such things were it not for brave and caring people like Alan Johnston. I'm hoping he is still alive, but it's not looking too good for him. Why has nobody heard anything? Has it all been covered up for some reason? Surely if this was for a cause, we would have heard about it long before now. Something weird is going on with the information we are getting. I think there is much more to this than meets the eye. All you governments and secret service agencies etc involved in this, for pity's sake have some compassion and let his family and friends know what has happened to him.

Alan Johnston banner

2 comments:

Marc said...

Makes you realise how insignificant our day to day business is in relation to whats going on in the world elsewhere.

specky6eyes said...

I cannot imagine how Mr Johnston's family are feeling right now; day to day business must have ground to a halt for them. It's the idiotic celebrity worship and obsession with looks and having the right toys etc, that gets to me sometimes. There are so many terrible things in the world today, we are lucky to have the security and freedom we have, however much we complain about it. Take a look at Darfur, for instance. It makes me feel very insignificant and helpless, and guilty for when I get cross about stupid things, like the traffic lights changing to red when I'm just getting to them! Ridiculous. Although I'm not religious, I'm praying for Mr Johnston. He's a good man.